- NOTICE Reception of abstract submission finished.
- UPDATE List of speakers and tentative timetable has been updated.
- NOTICE Reception of request for visa related documents terminated.
Deadline of abstract submission has been extended to
noon on August 20, 2018 (JST).
- UPDATE List of the plenary and invited speakers have been updated.
- NOTICE Reception of abstract submission started.
- UPDATE Some informations have been updated.
- UPDATE ITC27&APPTC2018 web site opened.
The International Toki Conference is a topical meeting dedicated to a specific subject related to plasma and fusion science. The series began in 1989 with the founding of the National Institute for Fusion Science and has been held on an annual basis ever since. The Asia Pacific Plasma Theory Conference (APPTC) is a meeting to cover broader topics in plasma sciences, including theory and simulations for magnetic fusion plasmas, space plasmas, laser-plasma interactions, low-temperature plasmas, and basic plasma phenomena. The series began in 1996 and has provided a forum for the exposition and exchange of the latest research and developments in plasma science in the Asia-Pacific region.
In this era, cooperation among experiments, theory, and simulations has become more important. Technological development, built on fundamental research topics, will be further applied to applied plasma research and large-scale plasma science such as research regarding the fusion reactor. With this as background, we are planning the joint conference of the 27th ITC and the 13th APPTC in order to explore new aspects and to promote the cross-fertilization of diverse fields of science through advances in basic plasma and fusion science.
Topics to be covered
- Magnetically-Confined Plasmas
- Inertially-Confined Plasmas
- Fusion Engineering and Reactor Design
- Basic Plasma Research and Plasma Application
- Imaging Science and Simulation Technique
- Space and Astrophysical Plasmas
The meeting will consist of plenary, invited, and contributed oral presentations, and poster sessions. The abstracts will be selected by the International Program Committee as either oral or poster presentations. The official language of the meeting is English.
Date & location
ITC27 & APPTC2018 will be held at Ceratopia Toki (4 Takayama, Tokitsu-cho, Toki-city, Gifu 509-5121, Japan) from November 19, 2018 through November 22, 2018.
Participants and their companions are welcomed to the conference banquet which will be held at Ceratopia Toki (conference site) on November 21, 2018.